Erin Go Bragh!
p=. HAPPY NEW YEAR !
Welcome to the Foo Betterment Association, dedicated to helping FooPets be a wonderful place for all!
unlinked Foop image removed at the request of management.
10/27/15…Widget changes : what clever and utter stinkers. rather than just disabling the code, they found a way to put them all on restricted mode. (as you may notice, water still works, as that was never on restriction) …if this little brainstorm came directly from Ron, I may just throw in the towel – game over. this will take some serious looking into.
11/30/14…I see the banner coding is still very much functional – hope they remember that when an important announcement needs to reach ALL the members, not just those who wander into the Forum.
ALL “OFF-FOO” SECTIONS HAVE HAD THEIR LINKS NEUTRALIZED FOR THE TIME BEING – CONTACT US ABOUT WHATEVER YOU NEED TO REVIEW AND WE WILL MESSAGE YOU THE INFO. WE’D PUT IT ALL BACK INTO THE PROFILE, BUT THE SAME SPACE CONSIDERATIONS THAT MADE US “FOLD THEM UP” IN THE FIRST PLACE STILL APPLY…UNTIL THE LINK BAN IS RESOLVED IN A SENSIBLE AND MUTUALLY FAIR MANNER, WE HAVE CREATED A SPECIAL SECTION FOR THEM – AND OTHER GOOD THINGS, LIKE CANAAN EVENTS AND PROGRAMS – IN THE FOOP, UNDER MISSING LINKS.
…for all of us who have lost a beloved companion… (foo-based link, still active)
Crossing the Rainbow Bridge sharing thread on the Forums
(click to go to Forum thread) -
a beautiful member-designed memorial – http://foopets.com/play/9580037,
and a sharing profile for all those who have lost a love. http://www.foopets.com/pet/10087583
EXCELSIOR! – MEMBERS’ TESTING AND OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
(still serving as a forum for member comments and observations – as this was set up at the request of an Admin – Scott – we are leaving it in place for the moment)
(apparently the powers-that-be had other ideas, lol – wonder if they ran it by Scott first. fascinating that they not only shot the links, but the images as well…did they think i wouldn’t have files?)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Patty O’Green, Jihad, Refugee, Cleopatra, Joyeaux Noelle and Doc !
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all of your April babies: Yukiko-Canaan, Gandalf the White, Piewacket, Autumn, Spring, Copenhagen and Ronan
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your March babies: Indigo Doll, Baggins, Edmond and Twink
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all of your February babies: Priya, PeaHen’s Holmes, Peso Catchmouse, Lala Orange, Firefly, LizzyBizzy and John Bull-dog
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all of your January babies: Gold Rush, Antony, Zilarrezko, Arian Niwl, Panama Jack, Shy Violet and Anya!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all the December babies: Bilbo Baggins, Satin Doll, Carol of the Bells, Tinsel, Francine’s Desmenes, Beautiful Dreamer, Billie Holiday and Bob’s Yer Uncle (my poor little stranded babies…thank you, felinecanine, this means so much.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Copenhagen
Antony, Zilarrezko, Arian Niwl, Gold Rush, Panama, Shy Violet, Anya
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Indigo Doll, Baggins, Edmond and Twink !
OUR TREASURED FRIENDS…
PET NEWS AROUND THE COUNTRY! (sorry, disabled, off site links)
FOR THIS HOLIDAY SEASON (2010), FOOMOJO GAVE TO ME…
Flea med extortion,
Half-price Litter License,
No more Pokey breeding…
The UltraStats -
Four days of discounted
(If you’re quick enough)
And a migraine and ulcer for free.*
- - and just to make certain we have a Happy Foo Year – THEIR style – a ban on all the links we maintained to useful, enjoyable, and educational things…not to mention Rivet and enforced ClubFoo in our Easter baskets in 2011.
“It’s only code – it isn’t real…it doesn’t think, it doesn’t feel.”
Yet, meet a foopet’s trusting stare, and swear to me there’s nothing there,
(Beyond a clever-crafted tool for making money off a fool)
That personality you see is other than reality…
For if you look within, they seek to find a virtual voice, and speak:
“The code that governs your design is lovely and complex – like mine -
Who told you that we do not live a life as full as you will give?
You take us up, and promise care, and everything we are, we share.
If that is not enough, think who we model in the things we do.”
Before you throw this “code” away, and find some other “game” to play,
Consider what your choices showed…for Life itself is “only code”.
© 2010 Shadow Manypaths – all rights reserved
A PET�S TEN COMMANDMENTS, FOO OR FUR…
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful, so keep me with you whenever possible. If you must leave me, leave me with friends.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me – i would refuse you nothing, but must know what you would have.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being. You have my unquestioned trust – i need yours in return.
4. Don�t be angry with me for long and don�t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don�t understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me, and its sound is the world’s greatest comfort.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it, though i forgive you anything.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I�m not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak, or simply do not understand what it is that you want.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old, though not as soon as i.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can�t bear to watch. Don�t make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so…
KAHLUA, rottweiler placed with Leanne : http://www.foopets.com/play/8360533
http://www.foopets.com/play/9153808 http://www.foopets.com/play/6876423 http://www.foopets.com/play/7975786 http://www.foopets.com/member/16518997
AngelEyes http://m.foopets.com/play/6366998 Prince http://www.foopets.com/play/6551153 RussBlue http://www.foopets.com/play/8255658 Casey http://www.foopets.com/play/6378446 Aura http://www.foopets.com/play/6559429 Baby Blues http://www.foopets.com/play/10169905 LHST http://www.foopets.com/play/10274112 http://www.foopets.com/member/17139697
(note to self – all img src coding swapped for a href pending link ban)
for Forum thread at some point : (from GothicAngel76 – “I’m not saying you don’t have a point. All of that would be great if being educational or learning about responsibility was really the point of the site. It’s not. If it was, it would be a completely different site, and I don’t think it would last all that long.”
Gothic, it used to BE that way…and ran better, and a lot happier, than it does now, and if more income was needed odds are all they had to do was appeal to the (largely adult) membership they still had at that time like all the other sites I’ve seen do. When instead of levelling with us the site turned to tricking people into paying more – and then compelling them – is when things began to deteriorate. When Ron and company returned many of us looked with hope for this to become a happy, healthy, successful site once more. A lot of us still are.)